With the growing popularity of AOL email, there has been observed a great hike in the number of the AOL email users. AOL email is come up with some of the exceptional features like unlimited storage capacity, reliability and more. With its unlimited storage space feature, you never have to worry about cleaning up your inbox after a period of time. Moreover, you can also attach files up to 25MB and that too for free.
While using this mail based application, you may encounter some of the technical issues and the most common one is AOL error 550. This occurs when your recipient don’t receive the email. You will receive a bounce-back message every time you try to send an email to that particular email address. Thankfully, this error has a solution. In this article, we have provided you a number of methods with the help of which you can fix this issue in a jiffy.
Causes of AOL Error 550
- Wrong recipient address
- Incorrect DNS settings
- Email filters set by the recipient
To fix this issue out, follow any of the below mentioned steps:
- Validate the recipient address before you hit send button. That’s because even a single spelling mistake can lead to fail in the sending of your email.
- If you have typed a correct email address, then make sure whether this email address actually exists or not. That’s because it may happen that the recipient has not his email Id from ages.
- Check your DNS settings and fix the DNS error, if any
- To fix the DNS errors, you can contact the recipient server support
- One of the reasons behind AOL error 550 could be that the recipient may have set filters, which immediately blocks any email coming from an anonyms or blocked user.
If you have tried all the aforementioned errors and still facing this issue, then contact AOL technical support team and get an immediately help.